Starting in 2019, I have been running a homebrew D&D 5th edition campaign called “Apogee”. It’s an urban campaign run in the city of Apogee. To help with the setting, I often hand out little documents. Apogee has two newspapers, so the players get a semi-regular update of the world and their exploits.
I make these mostly with LaTeX and mostly under extreme time constraints, so reader beware.
- Apogee Player’s Guide
- Local map
- Regional map
- Apogee Inquirer, the local newspaper
- The Scoop!, the local tabloid rag
- Note from Undercover operative
- Note from a rival
- Records found after a warehouse raid
- An advance from the mysterious Lady Wildflower
- Guestlist for the Swan Soiree
Other things I’ve made:
- A soundboard for the PCs stumbling across a Mushroom God. I cut out samples from the Deus Ex Machina scene from Matrix Revolutions. I spooked my players when I hit them with a booming “WHAT DO YOU WANT”.