- Creating cool dashboards with Conky
If you ever wanted your little slice of the Tony Stark life, then try making a desktop dashboard with conky.
- How to move your website to Pelican
Looking to move from Wordpress to a static site? Learn from my journey!
- Moving to Linux - Can all my apps come with me?
I want to move to Linux, so I explore all the wins and losses for this transition.
- 7DRL - RogueAgent Day 6
Last day of the week-long challenge!
- 7DRL – RogueAgent Day 5
Today a lot of the groundwork from yesterday paid off.
- 7DRL – RogueAgent Day 4
A slog today with some hard-won improvements!
- 7DRL - RogueAgent Day 3
Short day of little progress.
- 7DRL – RogueAgent Day 2
Day 2 and I’m kicking along!
- 7DRL - RogueAgent Day 1
After a few hours futzing around, I got things working…
- 7 Day RogueLike - RogueAgent
I’m giving the 2017 7DRL a shot!
- How much of my Steam library is Linux-friendly?
Linux is becoming more and more friendly for Steam gaming. But how much?
- How to design cards #3
How to turn our cards into a card sheet for printing or prototyping.
- Why put your .emacs in org-mode?
Once I learned that you could write your .emacs file in org-mode, I never looked back! Here’s a demo on how to do it.
- Thoughts on a personal digital assistant for the future
Every Iron Man movie I think about building an AI assistant. Here’s my reflections…
- Limen’s House - Sessions 17-21
Many weeks of insanity!
- How to have a productive projects night
Tips and ideas for sticking to your own “Projects Nights”.
- Maintaining consistency in pages using org-mode projects
A how-to on using org-mode projects to produce large documents with consistent styling.
- Limen’s House - Session 16
The PCs begin wanting answers from Coin, but get an unexpected answer. They spin off that to the next adventure and encounter chaotic echoes.
- Limen’s House - Session 15
Treasure, a tricksy door, and cross-campaign shenanigans.
- Limen’s House - Session 14
A devil’s foiled ritual, an ant army and a crazy leap of faith into orbital mechanics…
- Limen’s House - The Moon Landing (side-fiction)
Our Bard recollects the recent insane tower chase.
- Limen’s House - Sessions 11, 12 and 13
It’s… it’s getting a little weird.
- 2014 out, 2015 in!
A recap of 2014 and where I’m going from here.
- Limen’s House - Side adventures of Bill the Bard
A short side story I gave to our Bard in order to catch him up on missing some adventures.
- Limen’s House - Session 9 & 10
Next step in developing the portal-collapsing superweapon: kung fu fighting!
- Limen’s House - Session 8
The PCs take on The Blight.
- Limen’s House - Session 7 (5/12/2014)
The PCs become mercenaries, literally killing things for Coin.
- Limen’s House - Session 6 (21/11/14)
A spooktacular finale for the heroes’ jaunt into the Halloween pocket plane!
- Limen’s House - Session 5 (14/11/14)
Halloween hijinks for our happy heroes!
- Limen’s House - Session 4 (9/11/14)
In trying to find a place to sleep, our PCs find bonkers adventures on the high seas!
- Limen’s House - Session 3 (24/10/14)
Orcs, a chase and grossness!
- Limen’s House - Will’s journal
We’re blessed to find a letter from our Bard to his wife, detailing his story, situation and his unique perspective of the world.
- Limen’s House – Session 2 (17/10/2014)
Last session we had three characters walk from a decrepit mine into a room full of cats. That’s the kind of stuff that will be commonplace for this group. And now there’s two new characters in the mix!
- Limen’s House - Session 1 (10/10/2014)
The start of our new bespoke campaign… run by me!
- GM Review: We Be Goblins!
My first (adult) foray into GMing with the one-shot We Be Goblins!
- Ashes to ashes
The summary of our horrific Delta Green campaign.
- How to design cards #2
Last time we prototyped a basic card. In this post we make many, many cards with minimal typing.
- How to design cards #1
I’ve been working on a card game lately, and I wanted to share some of the things I learned.
- The Linear Journal of Aeona Tycheweaver: Twisted Sisters
The horrible things two innocent sisters do to a bunch of evil cultists.
- Widescreen coding in Emacs
When coding sometimes you need a reference file open alongside your code. I wrote a nice little helper function that puts Emacs into “widescreen mode” to help with this.
Specifically it doubles the width of the frame and splits it in two. You can then switch between them (
C-x o …
- The Linear Journal of Aeona Tycheweaver: The Third Arrow
When will the third arrow loose?
- The Linear Journal of Aeona Tycheweaver: Déjà Vu Agàin
We establish the boundaries of murder, but not of space-time.
- The Linear Journal of Aeona Tycheweaver: A Slice in Time Saves Five
“I am Ozymandias, king of kings! Look upon my works, ye mighty boss chick, and despair!”
- The Linear Journal of Aeona Tycheweaver: Bramble Scrambles
A scrappy fight in a bramble castle!
- The Linear Journal of Aeona Tycheweaver: Glassworks
In which we attempt to unbreak a glass.
- The Linear Journal of Aeona Tycheweaver: Every Potion Needs Some Shaking
Aeona, Vik and the crew start catalysing.
- The Linear Journal of Aeona Tycheweaver: Every End Has A Beginning
Aeona Tycheweaver attempts to write a daily journal even though she has fundamental issues with space and time.
- Character Concept: Aeona
Pathfinder character concept for Aeona Tycheweaver.
- The Player-Character Divide
A clear divide between a player and their character can lead to great gameplay, but which systems encourage it and which ignore it?
- 2010 in review
My review of 2010.
- Ghost story addendum
A short ghost story that freaked the hell out of me.
- An Active Imagination
Writing retreats are great for sharing ghost stories.
- Work and play
What is writing 10,000 words in a week: work or play?